Friday, August 29, 2014

Savoring Summer

After a short hiatus, I'm back with more ideas, crafts, recipes and more to inspire you as we approach the new school year!
With the Dog Days in full swing, it hardly feels like the end of summer here in sunny southern Cali! Though my little ones are back to school and navigating the waters of (gasp!) second grade and kindergarten, it is hotter than ever! In these last brutal days of summer, I'm trying to enjoy what's left of the season and prepare for the next. One last family trip to Palm Springs, a trip to the local pool, making s'mores and sipping wine on the patio while the sun dips into the horizon...these are a few ways I have been relishing the warm days that turn into cool summer nights.
Today, as I mentally prepare for the LOOOONG labor day weekend (yes, holiday weekends are longer when you have kids to entertain...) and plan things for us to do, I encourage you to enjoy the last bit of summer we have left. Hit the beach, do a craft or two, run in the sprinklers, enjoy a popsicle or homemade treat and chill.


No comments:

Post a Comment